Blogs > City Editor's Blog

By Jeremy Schiffres, Daily and Sunday Freeman, Kingston, N.Y.

Saturday, June 7, 2008

What a stud!

For this, my 200th blog entry, I can't resist commenting about something that has to do with the number 200.

In this morning's "Pink Sheet," a special four-page supplement we published at the Freeman to promote today's Belmont Stakes, Journal Register columnist Mike Veitch (a long-ago former colleague of mine at The Saratogian) wrote that Kentucky Derby/Preakness champion Big Brown could command a "stud fee" of $100,000 after retiring. That means the horse's owner will get $100,000 every time Big Brown impregnates a mare.

If Big Brown "is bred to 200 mares," Veitch wrote, the owner would command a whopping $20 million.

Twenty million bucks to "do it" with 200 members of the opposite sex? How come I can't get that kind of action?

Well, probably because there aren't 200 women out there who would have me. And, even if there were, I think my wife might have a thing or two to say about the subject.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home