Blogs > City Editor's Blog

By Jeremy Schiffres, Daily and Sunday Freeman, Kingston, N.Y.

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Not exactly a ringing endorsement

Regarding Sen. John McCain's selection of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin as the GOP vice presidential candidate, Dutchess County Young Republicans Chairman Bryan Cranna e-mailed the following statement to local newspapers Friday evening:

"While I am not that familiar with Governor Palin, I do know that Senator McCain has a distinguished record of service to this nation and has made decisions that have helped to define our nation. I am confident that Senator McCain chose a running mate who he can trust and work collectively with to move our country forward."

Apparent translation: "You nominated WHO, Senator McCain? I've never heard of this woman, and I run a Republican organization, for God's sake! I sure hope you know what the heck you're doing."

So do we all, Bryan. So do we all.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home