Blogs > City Editor's Blog

By Jeremy Schiffres, Daily and Sunday Freeman, Kingston, N.Y.

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

1 down, 161 to go

There's nothing quite like the start of a new baseball season.

Wait, let me amend that. There's nothing quite like the start of a new baseball season that includes an opening-day win by my beloved Angels.

No, wait. Let me amend that one more time. There's nothing quite like the start of a new baseball season that includes an opening-day win by my beloved Angels and an embarrassing opening-day loss by the overpaid, overblown and overrated Yankees that includes $161 million pitcher CC Sabathia putting up a 12.46 ERA in 4.1 innings and $180 million Mark Teixeira going 0-for-4 in his Pinstripes debut - and against the pitiful Orioles, no less.

I think I'm gonna like this season. A lot.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home