Blogs > City Editor's Blog

By Jeremy Schiffres, Daily and Sunday Freeman, Kingston, N.Y.

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Global greeting

I've been using the Internet since 1993 (not long after Al Gore invented it, I believe), but I still marvel at its ability to connect people around the world in an instant.
I mean here I am, in the basement of my house in Kingston, N.Y., typing something that no one else can see, but all I have to do is click one command at the bottom of my screen, and my writing instantly will be available to anyone in the world who has an Internet connection.
I'm not easily amazed, but THAT amazes me.
So allow me to use this global reach that I have at my fingertips to wish all the dads in the world a happy Father's Day. (I'm a day early, I know, but I plan to spend tomorrow at a water slide park with my son and my wife, not blogging at my computer, so this will have to stand as my official Father's Day greeting.)
Kids, remember to thank your dads for all they've done. Dads, remember to forgive us for all the grief we gave you while growing up (and take solace knowing that our kids are getting back at us on your behalf). And, oh yeah, to David Hasselhoff: Congratulations on winning custody of your kids just in time for Father's Day. Maybe now we won't have to watch any more drunken videos of you trying, in vain, to eat a hamburger.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home