Blogs > City Editor's Blog

By Jeremy Schiffres, Daily and Sunday Freeman, Kingston, N.Y.

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

The never-aging women in my life

Today is my mom's birthday. She keeps telling me she's 29, or 39, or something like that -- which is odd, beacuse I'm 43.

Oh, well. Mothers are always right ... right? So happy 29th birthday, Mom. Or 39th. Or whatever you're claiming this year.

Now that I think about it, my wife insists that she, too, turned 29 on her last birthday -- which also is odd, because we're celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary this coming September. That would mean we got married when she was 9. Gee, it seems I would remember something like that.

Oh, well. Wives are always right ... right? So happy belated 29th birthday, Rho.

My birthday isn't until August, so I guess I still have some time to decide how old I'll be turning this year. I'm leaning toward 2 or 3. That way, my mother will have to tend to my every need.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger sherijberi said...

I am happy to be nearing 40. Aging gracefully is the key.

June 10, 2007 at 10:23 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home