Blogs > City Editor's Blog

By Jeremy Schiffres, Daily and Sunday Freeman, Kingston, N.Y.

Monday, May 28, 2007

I (sort of) love a parade

I have a confession to make: I've lived in Kingston for 19 years, and I've been to only one Memorial Day parade. Today, I'm going to two: the Hurley parade this morning, and the Kingston parade this afternoon.
In the interest of full disclosure, though, I should 'fess up that I have a personal connection to today's events: My son, Marc, is in the marching band at J. Watson Bailey Middle School in Kingston, where he's a seventh-grader, and the band is participating in both parades. So I, y'know, kinda, sorta HAVE to go. I'm not crazy about parades, but I really AM looking forward to today's. I'm sure both will be enjoyable, and I know the Bailey band will steal the show!
To all, have a safe and healthy holiday, and enjoy the day off from work (if you're lucky enough to have one).
Tomorrow, perhaps I'll explain that sunglasses-clad picture of me.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home